Level Up Launch
As K-12 and higher education leaders and advocates, our coalition stands together to level up our alignment efforts and accelerate student transitions. Postsecondary readiness and success must be a priority for every student, educator, and policymaker to ensure that the transition between high school and postsecondary education and training is a launch pad, not a hurdle.
Join us to launch Level Up
Join us on March 8 in person at the National Press Club or online to
- Learn about how we are collectively working to improve student preparation and increase success in postsecondary education and training.
- Hear from leading state and local leaders about the importance of K-12 and higher education collaboration to help more students of color, students from low-income backgrounds and first-generation college students attain postsecondary credentials of value.
- Hear from students about the barriers they faced in making the transition from high school to postsecondary education and training and how better alignment could make these journeys smoother.
- Receive a playbook of high-impact strategies that K-12 and higher education leaders can collaboratively use to increase student success.
- Matt Gandal, President, Education Strategy Group
- John King, Former United States Secretary of Education and President & CEO, Education Trust
- Mike Krause, Executive Director, Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Carissa Moffat Miller, Executive Director, Council of Chief State School Officers
- Eduardo Padron, President, Miami Dade College
- Pedro Rivera, Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Sonja Santelises, Chief Executive Officer, Baltimore City Schools
Register now to participate in the livestream at: leveluplaunch.eventbrite.com.
About the Coalition
Level Up is a collaborative of state and national partners committed to measurably increasing the numbers of high school students prepared for and successfully transitioning to postsecondary education and training programs.
As leaders of institutions, systems, agencies, and organizations, we believe the time is right to level up our attention and efforts to support postsecondary transitions and commit to engage our staff, peers, and community in this work. We will work to leverage the highest impact actions to drastically increase the number of students prepared for and succeeding in postsecondary education and training.
Through our efforts, we aim to level the playing field for students of color, first generation students and those from low-income backgrounds and put all students—and our country as a whole—on a new level for economic opportunity.
Level Up is a growing coalition of partners working to help state and local communities make successful postsecondary transitions the new normal for all students. Current partners include: