Featured Work: Talent Ready: Expanding Career Pathways in the Greater Washington Region
Education Strategy Group (ESG), with generous support from JPMorgan Chase & Co., is partnering with the Greater Washington Partnership (GWP) to expand access to economic opportunity for thousands of young people and help meet the growing demand for IT talent in the nation’s capital.
The partnerships developed in the Talent Ready initiative will connect more young people—particularly those from underrepresented populations—to economic opportunities and provide employers with the talent they need to thrive and strengthen the broader regional economy.
Talent Ready brings together K-12 and higher education leaders from five communities — Baltimore City, MD; Fairfax County, VA; Montgomery County, MD; Prince George’s County, MD; and Washington, DC—to partner with employers in designing pathways that connect early postsecondary opportunities, high-value credentials, and real-world work experiences.
Through our work in Talent Ready, ESG is providing support to participating K-12 and higher education systems to use this information to scale high-quality career pathways that are more tightly aligned with the regional labor market. ESG is also establishing a regional collaboration network, empowering initiative partners to build cross-cutting regional strategies to expand and align pathways.
Specifically, the Talent Ready Initiative is designed to:
- Increased student enrollment in demand-driven IT pathways that extend from high school through postsecondary
- More regional employers hiring youth with credentials from educational institutions in the
- Capital Region
- An employer signaling system that empowers educators to design & scale career pathways aligned to current, regional workforce needs
- An expanded regional approach to promoting industry-aligned work-based learning experiences for students
- A regional collaboration network that enables initiative members to build stronger partnerships & design solutions to common challenges
Talent Ready leverages the assets that come from belonging to a dynamic regional economy. ESG believes that collaboration across regional boundaries and sectors to develop and scale new career readiness strategies has the power to create better supports for students and a stronger talent pipeline for employers.